Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs
Found in 12 Records:
Friends in Council of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1871 as a women's organization dedicated to cultural enrichment of its members. The collection includes records of members, constitution with amendments, minutes, and clippings.
Letter is written on letterhead of "Progressive Headquarters, State Committee, Topeka, Kan." and lists Eacker as secretary, with her Lawrence address. Mentions illness and shopping in Topeka.
The Lawrence (Kansas) Business and Professional Women's Club was founded to improve the professional, personal, economic and educational outlook for women. The records of the club include yearbooks, scrapbooks, programs, minutes, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other miscellaneous materials.
This collection of photographic materials relating to Lawrence, Kansas and its residents, businesses, buildings, and events spans the early 19th century through the late 20th century, therefore also spanning the history of photography itself. This is an artificial collection, meaning that the photographs herein come from a wide variety of sources and have been compiled by the Spencer Research Library into this single collection organized by subject matter.
This collection contains the minutes and treasury records of the Midland Rural Club of Lawrence (Douglas County), Kansas, a women's club which formed on January 24, 1904 for the mutual enjoyment of its members and was in existence through May 18, 1978.
The No Name Club, a woman's literary club, was organized in February 1876, under the name, The Ladies' Reading Circle. In December 1876, the club voted to change the name to the No Name Club. The collection consists of fourteen bound volumes containing meeting minutes, attendance rolls, newspaper clippings, and photographs. No Name Club programs for years 1889-2005 are found at RH Ser C1260.
The Mother's Discussion Club of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1934 to study and exchange ideas about child nurturing and development. The group gradually disbanded over several years in the late 1980s. This collection includes most of the secretary minute notebooks from 1934-1984, the treasurer's ledger from 1934-1947, and correspondence and cards.
The Mother's League of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1913 to study and exchange ideas about child development and home life. Eventually the group changed its focus of study to include other interesting and inspirational topics. This collection includes the secretary minute notebooks from 1916-1979.
Invitation, addressed to Lawrence resident W.L. Bullene and Ladies, to the annual reception and ball. Committee members are listed on the back.
Carol Buhler Francis was a longtime resident of Lawrence, Kansas, and an active member of the community. This collection includes materials related to projects in which she was involved professionally through her advertising, journalism, and other writing; and personally through her community involvement.
Margaret Stockton was involved in community involvement and social work in Lawrence, Kansas, especially the Council of Social Agencies and the Recreation Commission. This collection comprises Stockton's papers of her community work and also personal and family matters.