Skip to main content

Minute and record books of the No Name Club

 Collection
Call Number: RH MS E161

Overview

The No Name Club, a woman's literary club, was organized in February 1876, under the name, The Ladies' Reading Circle. In December 1876, the club voted to change the name to the No Name Club. The collection consists of fourteen bound volumes containing meeting minutes, attendance rolls, newspaper clippings, and photographs. No Name Club programs for years 1889-2005 are found at RH Ser C1260.

Dates

  • 1879 - 2004

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

No access restriction

Conditions Governing Use

Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.

Extent

14 Volumes

Physical Location

RH MS E161

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift, Irene Wagner, President, No Name Club, April 1982

Gift, Nancy Rake, Archivist, No Name Club, Fall 2004

Title
Guide to the No Name Club Collection
Subtitle
Minute and record books of the No Name Club
Author
lt May 1982 mab 2005
Date
2004
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
Finding aid permalink
http://hdl.handle.net/10407/7849829397
Preferred citation
No Name Club Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS E161 , Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries

Repository Details

Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository

Contact:
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States
785-864-4334