Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history
Found in 9 records:
A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
The Eggert family came to America from Germany in the mid-1830s. The collection includes personal papers, correspondence, and photographs of various members of the family.
These records of the First United Methodist Church of Lawrence, Kansas, which date from 1877 to 1971, also include records generated under the church's earlier name, the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Lawrence. Included are records of church finances, members, marriages, funerals, baptisms, conferences, activities of the church's Loyal Ladies Class, its Epworth League of junior members, and special events in the church's history.
Typewritten history of the church from its founding in 1895.
The First Regular Missionary Baptist Church Collection documents the history, membership, and activities of an African American congregation in Lawrence, Kansas. The collection contains pastoral, congregational, Sunday School, and club records.
This collection contains papers and books from St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Eudora, Kansas, founded in 1869. Records of the church include meeting minutes, financial records, correspondence, hymnals, religious texts, and certificates. Also included is a congregational register, dated 1923-1945, for the Evangelical St. Paul's Church of Lawrence, Kansas.
The collection contains an early history of the Trinity Episcopal Church in Lawrence, Kan., vestry notebooks providing administrative and financial documentation about the church, newspaper clippings, parish bulletins, church directories, photographs, and youth group newsletters, among other related materials.
Unitarianism has been an active denomination in Lawrence since the town was founded in 1855. The congregation disbanded during World War II and reestablished a charter in 1958. This collection includes meeting minutes, budgets, long-range plans, membership directories, correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, books, sermons, and histories of Unitarianism in Lawrence from the territorial era to the present church.