Wilcox, Laird M.
Found in 9 records:
These papers contain Phillip Finch's manuscript and galley proofs for his 1983 book, God, Guts, and Guns, which described contemporary forces of political conservatism (more commonly called "the Radical Right") within the United States. Included is a small quantity of correspondence related to his book, including a letter to Laird Wilcox, donor of the Finch manuscripts.
Two color photographs of Mark Jeffries, Laird Wilcox, and a cat. Jeffries, an Australian researcher, came to Kansas to work in the Wilcox collection in 1999. He may have been friends with Laird Wilcox.
A collection of copied news paper clippings tracing Laird M. Wilcox's political activities from 1963 to 1973. Also includes "What's Up on the Far Left," a newspaper column written by Wilcox.
This 93-page report to the United States Commission on Civil Rights by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith describes the activities of racist organizations within the United States, focusing primarily on activities of the Ku Klux Klan from 1978 to 1981. With the report, which is stamped "draft" and "confidential," are copies of correspondence, notes, and memoranda between the Commission and the Anti-Defamation League, obtained from the Commission by Laird Wilcox in 1983.
Richard Landkamer was interested in investigating the Kennedy Assassination. Landkamer shared his papers on the subject, which include correspondence, collected research articles, and legal documents, with Wilcox Collection founder Laird Wilcox. All collection materials are photocopies of originals.
This volume, compiled by Laird M. Wilcox, contains copies of Federal Bureau of Investigation documents that were produced in a lawsuit filed against the FBI by civil rights advocate Walter Bergman who, as a Freedom Ride participant, was beaten by Ku Klux Klansmen in 1961 at Birmingham, Alabama. The documents relate to the FBI's knowledge of events leading up to the attack, including its interactions with the Klan and with local police.
- White supremacy movements -- United States 2
- Antisemitism 1
- Civil rights -- United States 1
- Civil rights movements -- Alabama -- Birmingham 1
- Civil rights workers -- United States 1
- Conservatism -- United States 1
- Conservatism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Fascism -- United States 1
- Freedom Rides, 1961 1
- Freedom of speech -- United States 1
- Fundamentalism 1
- Left-wing extremists -- United States 1
- Liberalism -- United States 1
- Neo-Nazism -- United States 1
- Occultism -- United States 1
- Parapsychology -- United States 1
- Pornography 1
- Racism -- United States 1
- Radicalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Right-wing extremists -- United States 1
- Sex Instruction 1
- Trials (Obscenity) 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1977-1981 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1981-1989 1
- United States -- Race relations 1
- Violence -- United States 1 ∧ less